Our brains process visual information 60,000 times more quickly than text. Hence the saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” That’s why selecting the right photos and illustrations for your campaign objectives is so important.
Let’s look at a few ideas for making the most significant impact.
- Use high-quality images. Nothing grabs your eye faster than a high-resolution, full-color image that jumps off the page. The minimum resolution for printing is generally 300 dpi. For web use and email, check with us for recommendations.
- “That’s me!” People respond to images of people who look like them. If you are marketing to Millennials, don’t put Gen Zs on the front of your postcard. Mirror the interests and demographics of your target audience.
- Tell a story. You can tell powerful stories with nothing more than an image. An exhausted working mother sits behind her desk, shopping list in hand, anxiously watching the clock approach 5:00 p.m. A commuter on a crowded bus looks longingly out the window at a fellow traveler cruising by on a bicycle.
- Demonstrate your value proposition. Illustrate how your product or service will help solve the problem. A “fast, fresh” restaurant might show the working mother placing a hot, healthy carryout meal on the table for her family. A bicycle manufacturer might show the commuter now cruising on a new bike, wind in his hair, with the crowded bus fading in the distance behind him.
- Use the real thing. Instead of a stock photo of a corporate team sitting around a conference table, hire a professional photographer to take shots of your team. Show your delivery drivers. Your customer service reps. If prospects can believe your pictures, they can also believe your words.
Images and photos are available in many formats and resolutions. Pictures that work for websites and social media may not be adequate for print, so let us help. Let us help you select the right images in the right formats to make your marketing materials resonate.
Need more ideas? Just ask.
Ready to take your printing to the next level? Contact us today at (501) 376-8436 to get started!