Today’s Low Mail Volume = Opportunity
[dropcap]W[/dropcap]ith the overall economy still down and with so many companies moving their marketing efforts online, mail volume has dropped tremendously. The resulting empty mailboxes present a unique opportunity. While competition to get noticed in email in-boxes just keeps growing, a well-crafted direct mail package is now far more likely to garner attention than before.
The Advantages of Direct Mail
While both “snail mail” and email allow for targeted marketing, direct mail has some distinct advantages:
- High Delivery Rates – If your mailing list is current, nearly all of your direct mail will get delivered. Email, on the other hand, must get past spam filters, service provider issues and more.
- High Readership Rates – While many people review their email inboxes with their fingers on the “delete” button, studies show that 80% of consumers will at least scan the direct mail they receive.
- Nearly Limitless Format Options – Direct mail offers virtually unlimited formatting options, from postcards and envelopes (of all sizes and colors) to mailing tubes and boxes.
- Much More Space – With direct mail you have as much space as necessary to tell your story and deliver a compelling message in one package. You can include letters, brochures, coupons, photos, DVDs, product samples, small promotional items and more.
- Extreme Personalization – It is now possible to personalize every element of a direct mail package, without the expense of multiple print runs. For example, you can create a 4-color brochure in which everything from the text to the photos are personalized based on particular fields in your database.
The bottom line: with so much less competition, now’s an ideal time to consider adding direct mail to your marketing mix.
[cta url=”http://arkansasgraphics.com/free-direct-mailing-download/” img=”/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/mailing-500-CTA.png” alt=”free direct mail information”]