Establishing corporate identity is vital not only for growth, but for survival in a saturated market. Print marketing is a necessary and useful piece of the corporate branding strategy.
[dropcap]F[/dropcap]or new businesses, the instant availability of products and services through Internet-based platforms has expanded every local market and exponentially increased competition. From the beginning, this means you need to be proactive in establishing memorable and professional corporate branding.
You must now plan strategically to create noteworthy impressions and permanently connect your product or service with one company in the minds of potential patrons.
Why Use Print?
While some companies have nixed print marketing to keep up with the times, smart business owners and marketing executives know that the most effective marketing uses a variety of platforms.
There has never been a better time to take advantage of print marketing to reach audiences in a unique way. Print marketing stands above the competition in several ways:
- Many consumers are overwhelmed by email marketing. Marketing emails are often lost in the sea of rarely opened blasts, while a personal letter—on engaging letterhead—directed toward a specific consumer captures attention.
- The most effective marketing stands out. A bright and informative flyer or a simple brochure is different when many companies have transitioned to social media and email marketing alone. In addition, tangibility is a nostalgic trigger in a heavily visually-oriented society.
- Print reaches everyone. Many consumers choose to unplug from time to time (or even permanently) and others have yet to jump on the technology bandwagon. A postcard branded with your business logo and personalized for your customer reaches techies and the “unplugged” alike.
Use a combination of marketing methods to reach your target audience. This increases your visibility across the spectrum while lending your brand needed authority.
How to Brand Your Business
There are a few guidelines you should follow when branding your business:
- Create a memorable logo. Simple, clean logos are often most effective in creating corporate branding identities. You should use your logo religiously and prolifically in both online and print marketing.
- Be consistent. Every piece of marketing that your company produces should follow the same design flow. Consumers should recognize your product or service at a glance, whether it is promoted on a post card, business card, envelope, or flyer. Consistent colors, fonts, layouts, and logos can help achieve this coveted level of brand recognition.
- Provide a service. Use print marketing that consumers can find useful, such as calendars and magnets. Most consumers are likely to utilize these items and typically reference them daily.
Your business’s marketed brand should tell a potential customer who you are, what you do, and why your product or service is unique among others on the market. Using a combination of online, offline, and face-to-face tactics is the most effective way to brand your business.
For professional assistance in establishing corporate branding in Arkansas, contact Arkansas Graphics, Inc. at 501-263-2649. We provide customized marketing solutions that highlight your company’s brand to the right audiences in the right way.
[cta url=”/free-branding-suite-download/” img=”/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/branding-suite-500-CTA.png” alt=”free branding templates”]
*Photo courtesy of Olga Filonenko through Flikr